Paramedic Driver Training
Paramedic Driver Training
Paramedic & Ambulance drivers now need a C1 licence.
Welcome to A1 Training Services. We have been providing ambulance & paramedic driver training courses for over 20 years. If you're looking to pursue a career in the ambulance sector as a paramedic or in patient transport, our C1 Ambulance Driver Training course is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and qualifications.
If you're considering a career as a paramedic or ambulance driver and passed your driving test after January 1997, then you'll need to acquire a category C1 licence due to a change in legislation. A1 offer either an intensive course or a bespoke course.
Intensive C1 Ambulance Driver Training (DVSA) 2-Day Course (Including Test!)
Our fast track C1 Ambulance Driver Training course is perfect for drivers with limited or no experience in driving larger vehicles. This package includes one-on-one driver training with our experienced instructors over 2 days culminating in your test.
During the course, you will gain practical experience in manoeuvring an ambulance-style vehicle, learn about vehicle safety,and understand the DVSA daily safety checks required in the ambulance sector.
Tailored Driving Packages To Suit Your Needs
At A1 Training Services, we understand that each student driver may have unique requirements. If our intensive C1 Ambulance / Paramedic driving packages do not fully meet your needs, we are always happy to tailor a flexible package specifically for you. Your success and satisfaction are our top priorities. For a no obligation quote and availability simply call us on 0121 789 8471 or fill in our short Contact Form to get your wheels in motion.
Easy Access Local Training Locations In The Midlands
Our driver training is conducted at our training venues in Birmingham & Coleshill offering an ideal location for students across the region. We provide a comfortable and well-equipped learning environment to ensure that you receive the best training experience possible.
"Training will be on a 1 to 1 basis with one of our DVSA qualified instructors"
Gaining Your C1 Ambulance Licence – Step by Step
We understand that obtaining your ambulance licence may seem like a complex process, but we are here to guide & support you every step of the way.
Your journey will be as follows:
1. Before starting, you must be 18 years or older and hold a current car licence (Category B).
2. We will book a DVLA medical with an approved Doctor.
3. We will help you complete and return the required completed forms (called D2 and D4) to the DVLA. These are sent along with your current driving license. The DVLA will process your application and send back your licence, which will now include a provisional C1 entitlement.
4. Book theory tests. Once you have your provisional licence, it's time to book and pass your theory tests. We will book these for you. The theory tests are: LGV Cat C Multiple Choice and LGV Cat C Hazard Perception. CPC is not required for driving ambulances.
5. Practical driving course and test. We will fully instruct you on driving and manoeuvring in our easy to drive ambulance style vehicles, both on the open road and at our off road centres. Once you are ready we will book your practical driving test – which, with our help, you should pass first time!
At A1 Training Services, we are committed to providing you with exceptional training and support as you pursue your career in the medical sector. Contact us today to book your great value intensive C1 Ambulance Driver Training course and enter an exciting and rewarding profession.
On successful completion of these tests, you are ready to begin your practical training. Here at A1 Training, we use a vehicle of similar size to an ambulance. Some training schools use full size C1 (7.5 tonnes) vehicles which are more difficult to handle and manoeuvre and pass rates are reduced.
Training will be on a 1 to 1 basis with one of our qualified instructors and will take place over 3 consecutive days, with your practical test on the third day at a local DVSA test centre.
Discounts are available for groups of 4+, so contact us today.